This years mission trip will be with Priority 1 Urban Outreach in the Bronx of New York City from June 24-29.
Priority 1 provides training and opportunities for Christ-followers to go into the world and share the hope of the gospel. We offer short-term international missions trips (both youth and adult), urban outreach teams of various lengths, and urban internships. Participants have multiple opportunities to reach the lost and are challenged to follow Christ more passionately every day. We also offer training to church groups going on their own trips, facilitated by our professional and highly experienced staff.
• The total cost per person is $345. A $50.00 per person deposit (non-refundable, but can be transferred to a replacement) is to be mailed-in one month from date of team confirmation. Any changes in the Team List need to be made no later than May 10 (for t-shirt list). The balance (per person) is due no later than one month prior to arrival. If there are any last minute team member cancellations, no credits will be issued for deposits made but not utilized. All meals and housing are provided. Public transportation cards are also included.
• Urban Outreach teams are for both youth and adult leaders (but can be all adults). Final list of participants (for t-shirt sizes) must be confirmed with the Priority 1 office no later than May 1 (can’t guarantee correct t-shirt size for add-ons after May 1) but others can be added after May 1. We ask that teams have a ratio of 1 adult leader for every 5 youth.
• Arrival time in the Bronx is to be approximately 3:30 PM on Sunday. Please allow travel time for heavy traffic of New York City. There will be a time of orientation of all teams following supper. The time of departure will be the following Friday, at a time to be determined. They have offered that we can leave later on Friday if we want to take in some NYC sights before we leave.
• The normal day will begin with devotions lead by Bonnie, followed by a morning community service activity, lunch back at the apartment, and afternoons teaching a VBS style Bible class for children in a Bronx park.
• Pray, Pray, Pray about going.
Matthew 9:38 So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields. NLT